Talking politics in your small group
On this episode of Group Answers, Chris and Brian talk to Jared Musgrove about how to navigate talking about politics in your small group.
Jared’s Ground Rules:
- Talk face-to-face. If you want to talk politics, it’s best to do so face-to-face.
- Respect one another. Does this conversation seek to practice the “one anothers” of Scripture?
- Speak with honesty and candor. If you disagree, say so politely. If a statement is hurtful, say that it was, and be quick to forgive. If you make a hurtful statement, be quick to apologize and seek forgiveness.
- Give goodwill. Are you seeking to understand over being understood or validated? Are you seeking to be righteous over being right?
- Be informed. Be okay with admitting if you are not informed and wish to talk about something else.